Wow, what a combo this is! Remember that bread for weight loss I posted last week?! When you add simple zucchini and egg to it you get this mind blowing healthy zucchini breakfast sandwich which is just out of this world!
For this healthy zucchini sandwich, I used whole egg and one egg white. Even though eggs yolks are delicious they are not as healthy, so I am trying to consume less of those.
Whenever possible I like to keep the skin on the zucchini. You get more of the nutrients that way and it this whole zucchini and egg breakfast sandwich looks prettier.
Now, if it wasn’t for the eggs, I would have this egg sandwich healthy more often. But, everything in moderation, right?
Optional, but you can also drizzle some olive oil on top of this healthy egg sandwich. I actualy forgot to do it in the video. But it would add even more flavor to the dish.
If you enjoyed this weight loss sandwich recipes for breakfast leave me a comment and let me know!
Healthy Zucchini Breakfast SandwichCourse: Breakfast, Savory dishes, Vegeterian, Weight Loss Recipes
1 egg + 1 egg white
2 pieces of bread (recipe linked in the post)
Water for cooking
- Cut zucchini into smaller pieces.
- Add a little water to a pan then bring to high heat. Add in zucchini pieces and cook until they start to soften up and the water evaporates. Season with salt and mix in briefly. Remove from the pan.
- In a small bowl beat egg, the egg white and some salt.
- To the same pan, add a table spoon of water, then add in the eggs. Cook on medium-low heat until eggs are cooked through.
- To serve, place pieces of bread on to a plate. Top each with some zucchini and eggs. Add more salt to taste and enjoy while warm!
For more weight loss recipes check the links below!