Ever since I made my rolls with greens with grandma, I was looking for a way to make the same dish but without the meat. And this quinoa dish for weight loss is just that!
For this healthy quinoa dish I used three colored quinoa. Combination of all three colors goes well with the dark spinach leaves. But of course, use any quinoa you like best.
Since I can rarely find big spinach leaves in Sweden I didn’t have much choice but to layer quinoa with greens instead of making rolls. If I had bigger leaves of spinach I would have blanched them in boiling water and then roll leach with some filling. Just like grandma and I did in the original recipe. But I have to say, this way it’s faster and just as delicious!
You can serve this quinoa and spinach bake with simple salad and maybe a bit of crème fraiche. Earthy tones from quinoa and nuts give this dish lot of flavors to begin with so, something simple to accompany it is the best choice.
You can also use swish chard or kale for this rolls with greens vegetarian recipe. And if you are using thicker greens, maybe give them a head start in some boiling water.
If you enjoyed this sarmice od zelja bez mesa, leave me a comment and let me know!
For more recipes like this rolls with greens, check out my Instagram and Pinterest account where I post daily.
Quinoa Dish For Weight LossCourse: Dinner, Savory dishes, Vegan, Vegeterian, Weight Loss Recipes
400 gr spinach
1 brown onion
Handful of ground or chopped walnuts
- Wash and drain spinach.
- Add water to a medium size pot. Bring to boil. Wash and drain quinoa. Add it to boiling water, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until cooked through and until all the water evaporates. This takes around 20 minutes.
- To a big skillet, add some water, chopped onion and grated carrots. Cook until the onion becomes transluscent and carrots soften up.
- Add in cooked quinoa, herbs, ground paprika and salt. Mix well.
- Cover bottom of a baking dish with half of spinach. Top with the quinoa mixture. Cover with the rest of spinach.
- In a bowl place tomatoes and water. Using a hand mixer, blend until smooth. Drizzle over the top layer of spinach.
- Place the baking dish on high heat and bring to boil. Then reduce the heat to medium and let simmer until the spinach is cooked and most of the liquid evaporates. Keep shaking the baking dish often so that the leaves at the bottom don’t get stuck and burn.
- Serve warm with some salad and enjoy!
For more weight loss recipes check the links below!
Healthy Porridge With Nuts And Fruit
Easy Bread Recipe For Weight Loss
Zucchini Muffins With Whole Grain Flour
Green Pea And Cauliflower Stew