I think I said it in the last video but I’ll say it again. I can’t believe how simple vegetables and dried herbs can produce a dish so interesting, colorful and so flavorful as this green pea stew with cauliflower.
I used frozen peas for this easy vegetable recipe for weight loss. They are just more convenient and accessible.
Since I started this lifestyle change I am trying to consume a lot more cauliflower. Aside from helping you lose weight, cauliflower is considered to be a super food with many health benefits which we all can benefit from. So, aside from peas I used cauliflower for this easy vegetable stew recipe for weight loss. But you can use any vegetables you like.
This vegetable stew with peas recipe for weight loss comes together in around 20 minutes. This depends on how thick you slice the onion, carrots, parsley and celery.
And it goes with everything! I enjoy to have it with just a simple green salad. But this healthy green pea stew goes even with chicken or fish.
Just before serving you can drizzle some olive oil over this vegetable stew for weight loss. Of course, use the kind you like the flavor from as it will come through nicely.
If you enjoyed this easy vegetable stew for weight loss, leave me a comment and let me know!
For more recipes like this green pea stew with cauliflower check out my Instagram where I post daily and my Pinterest account.
Green Pea Stew With CauliflowerCourse: One-Pot Meals, Savory dishes, Serbian recipes, Vegan, Vegeterian, Weight Loss Recipes
1 brown onion
2 roots of parsley
A chunk of celery root
½ head of medium size cauliflower
400 gr frozen green peas
1 tbsp dry parsley
1 tbsp dry dill
- Cut onion, carrots, parsley and celery root into chunks.
- In a big pot add some water then add in all the chopped vegetables. Cook until they start to soften up. Add more water if needed.
- In the meantime cut cauliflower into smaller florets. Wash the frozen peas.
- When onion has become translucent and the rest of the vegetables have started to soften up, add in cauliflower florets and the peas.
- Mix and add in more water, just enough so that it barely covers the vegetables. Cook for a few minutes until cauliflower and peas are tender.
- Serve warm with fresh salad and enjoy!
For more healthy recipes check the links below!