I love, love, love pate on a piece of bread with yogurt. However, store bought has very strong, unhealthy taste and who knows what’s inside. So, this chicken pate recipe I am sharing with you is healthy and SO delicious. And it’s the healthy breakfast recipe!
This is one of the healthy breakfast for weight loss recipes. I make it almost every week and look forward to it a lot!
For this homemade pate you can use raw carrot as well. But if you have weaker processor the boiled is easier to work with
I like to make this healthy chicken pate the night before. It makes things faster in the morning and the pate also tastes much better when it’s well chilled.
You can keep this chicken pate healthy in the fridge for up to three days. Just keep it in a well-sealed container.
To serve this chicken paté, I like to switch up salads. It goes great with juicy tomatoes, simple cucumber salad but most of the time, my choice is arugula. It also looks prettiest served right on top of the sandwiches!
Chicken patéCourse: Appetizers, Breakfast, Savory dishes, Weight Loss Recipes
1 chicken breast
2 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp ground cumin
3 thin pieces of whole grain bread
Handful of arugula
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Cut carrot into chunks.
- Place chicken and carrot chunks into a medium size pot filled with water. Bring to boil, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer until chicken is cooked through.
- Drain and leave to cool slightly. Then cut chicken into bigger chunks.
- Place everything into a food processor and add mustard, salt, olive oil and cumin.
- Blend until smooth. Pause every 30 seconds just to scrape the sides. Add a few drops of water until you reach the desired consistency. I like it more on a dryer side. 😉
- To serve, spread a thin layer over a piece of bread. Top with some arugula leaves and a few drops of olive oil and apple cider vinegar.
For more healthy recipes check the links below!