Now this beans for weight loss recipes is just a stunning recipe! One I can’t wait to make each time. The whole process is enjoyable, not to talk about the enjoyment of flavors.
For this beans for weight loss I used Italian Borlotti beans. Aside from large white beans and cannellini beans they are the ones I like to use in cooking.
Nothing goes with beans better than leeks. It’s just one of those combination that just work. I guess they allow the beans to be the star of the show while also presenting their visual beauty and unique and subtle onion flavor. Of course you can use regular onion for this easy beans recipe.
Peppers add more flavor, color and body to the dish.
This is also a how to cook beans from scratch recipe. And it’s not so hard, right?! Just make sure to change the water at least four time during the time beans are to sit in it. This removes lectins from the beans.
To serve this cranberry beans for weight loss I like to use purple cabbage salad or green leaf salad.
It you liked this beans with leeks leave me a comment and let me know!
Beans For Weight Loss RecipesCourse: Savory dishes, Serbian recipes, Vegan, Vegeterian, Weight Loss Recipes
200 gr Borlotti beans
1 red bell pepper
1 bay leaf
Pepper to taste, ground or whole
1 garlic or 1 tsp ground garlic
10 cumin seeds
2 tbsp olive oil
- Place the beans in a medium size pot, cover with water and let it sit for at least 8 hours or over night. Before cooking, change the water at least once.
- Discard the last water beans have been sitting in, cover with new water. Add in salt, pepper and bay leaf. Place on medium-high heat. Bring to boil, then reduce the heat to simmering point. Let cook until the beans are cooked through. This takes around 1 hour. In the end there should be enough water left to just about cover the beans.
- Drain the beans from the water they have been cooking in and save that water.
- Chop leek and paprika into smaller chunks.
- To a large pan add some water and chopped leek and paprika. Cook on medium-high heat until they start to soften up.
- When all the water evaporated from the vegetables add in drained and cooked beans, cumin seeds and garlic powder. Mix well and cook for a few more minutes or until the garlic becomes fragrant. Add in the water where beans have been cooking until you reach the desired consistency.
- Serve warm with some salad. Enjoy!
For more weight loss recipes check the links below!