This chicken paprikash is one of my go to lunch recipes for weight loss. For me, this dish fits the comfort category and it’s one of those meal I could eat every day!
This easy recipes for weight loss is very easy to makes. From start to finish it takes between 30-40 minutes to make this. And I like to make bigger batch so that I have lunch for two days.
If you like to have something lighter for lunch, this is a great alternative for dinner recipes for weight loss too.
This chicken recipe for weight loss is my moms recipe. She has been making this forever. So, it’s a well loved recipe in our family.
If you prefer, you can also leave all the vegetables chunky for this weight loss stew recipe. That includes potatoes as well. I like the sauce to be thicker, which is why I blend the sauce and then add grated potatoes. Grated potatoes help thicken the sauce even more and are an interesting texture in my opinion.
To serve you can add a tablespoon of olive oil on top and some more dried herbs on top.
And to go along, I like to serve a big bowl of salad. Any salad will do but purple cabbage in particular goes well with this chicken stew for weight loss.
Chicken PaprikashCourse: Savory dishes, Serbian recipes, Weight Loss Recipes
1 brown onion
1 chunk of celery root
2 red peppers
2 chicken breasts
1 tbsp dry parsley
1 tbsp dry dill
1L water + more for the vegetables
1 tsp ground paprika
1 small purple cabbage
3 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Cut onion, carrot, paprika, celery and tomato into bigger chunks.
- To make the stock, in a smaller pot add water, dry parsley and dill and bring to boil.
- Add 300 gr of water to a bigger pot. Add in all the chopped vegetables. Cook on medium-high until vegetables soften up. Stir occasionally. Add more stock if needed.
- In the meantime cut chicken into bite size pieces. Grate potatoes.
- When vegetables are cooked through and soft, blend them until smooth using a hand blender.
- Add in rest of the stock and mix until combined.
- Then add in chicken and grated potatoes. Simmer until chicken and potatoes are cooked through.
- Grate cabbage, place in a bowl and dress with salt, olive oil and apple cider vinegar.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
For more healthy recipes check the links below!