This chicken paprikash is one of my go to lunch recipes for weight loss. For me, this dish fits the comfort category and it’s one of those meal I could eat every day!
This easy recipes for weight loss is very easy to makes. From start to finish it takes between 30-40 minutes to make this. And I like to make bigger batch so that I have lunch for two days.
If you like to have something lighter for lunch, this is a great alternative for dinner recipes for weight loss too.
This chicken recipe for weight loss is my moms recipe. She has been making this forever. So, it’s a well loved recipe in our family.
If you prefer, you can also leave all the vegetables chunky for this weight loss stew recipe. That includes potatoes as well. I like the sauce to be thicker, which is why I blend the sauce and then add grated potatoes. Grated potatoes help thicken the sauce even more and are an interesting texture in my opinion.
To serve you can add a tablespoon of olive oil on top and some more dried herbs on top.
And to go along, I like to serve a big bowl of salad. Any salad will do but purple cabbage in particular goes well with this chicken stew for weight loss.
For more food inspo, like this chicken paprikash, check out my Instagram where I post daily and my Pinterest account.
Chicken PaprikashCourse: Savory dishes, Serbian recipes, Weight Loss Recipes
1 brown onion
1 chunk of celery root
2 red peppers
2 chicken breasts
1 tbsp dry parsley
1 tbsp dry dill
1L water + more for the vegetables
1 tsp ground paprika
1 small purple cabbage
3 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Cut onion, carrot, paprika, celery and tomato into bigger chunks.
- To make the stock, in a smaller pot add water, dry parsley and dill and bring to boil.
- Add 300 gr of water to a bigger pot. Add in all the chopped vegetables. Cook on medium-high until vegetables soften up. Stir occasionally. Add more stock if needed.
- In the meantime cut chicken into bite size pieces. Grate potatoes.
- When vegetables are cooked through and soft, blend them until smooth using a hand blender.
- Add in rest of the stock and mix until combined.
- Then add in chicken and grated potatoes. Simmer until chicken and potatoes are cooked through.
- Grate cabbage, place in a bowl and dress with salt, olive oil and apple cider vinegar.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
For more healthy recipes check the links below!
3 Ingredients 3 Healthy Ice Creams No Ice Cream Machine
3 Chia Pudding Recipes With Fruit And Granola
Lentil Soup With Curry Kale And Lemon
3 Ingredients 3 Mango Ice Creams No Ice Cream Machine