It is still very cold in Sweden. Spring comes late in these parts of the world. And it usually last for just a couple of weeks before it goes into Summer. In the evenings I still crave something warm and comforting, just like this healthy tomato and rice soup recipe.
My goal for this lifestyle change is to consume as much as possible whole foods and this healthy tomato soup for weight loss is the example of that. So, there is no tomato passata with possible sugars in it. Instead I used just simple whole tomatoes which I pureed into a beautiful pink puree.
And because I use fresh tomatoes as the main ingredients for this best tomato soup for weight loss, the soup tastes lighter. And to eat lighter meals in the evenings is one of my goals and what I hope will become my routine going forward. When I have a light meal in the evenings it helps me fall asleep easier and rest properly during night.
Of course, instead of white rice there is brown rice in this tomato rice soup for weight loss. Which I actually prefer a little over cooked. Brown rice has stronger earthy smell which ads a lot of character to this simple tomato soup.
Also, grated potatoes add another interesting texture and help thicken this easiest tomato soup for weight loss. You can also cut them into small cubes if you prefer.
To serve, I like to keep it simple. Just a little drizzle of olive oil, some chili flakes or freshly chopped parsley is enough. This tomato potato soup for weight loss looks very elegant and inviting served this way.
If you enjoyed this tomato soup for weight loss, leave me a comment and let me know!
For more food inspo, like this healthy tomato and rice soup recipe, check out my Instagram and Pinterest where I post daily!
Healthy Tomato And Rice Soup RecipeCourse: Appetizers, Savory dishes, Vegan, Vegeterian, Weight Loss Recipes
1 brown onion
A piece of celery root
1 tsp ground paprika
2 tsp chopped parsley
1 medium size potato
200 gr cooked brown rice
1 L water + to cook the rice
Olive oil and chili flakes for serving
- Wash the rice. Then add it to plenty of boiling water. Reduce the heat to simmering point and cook until it’s cooked through.
- In the meantime, add water to a medium size pot.
- Add in onion cut in halves, bigger chunks of celery root and carrots cut into chunks. Bring to boil, then reduce the heat to simmering point and cook until vegetables are cooked through.
- Wash and cut tomatoes into halves. Place in a deep bowl and using hand blender, blend until smooth.
- Add the pureed tomatoes to the soup. As well as salt, ground paprika and the parsley.
- Add in grated potato.
- Turn the heat to medium-high and bring to boil. Once the soup is boiling reduce the heat to simmering point and cook until potatoes are cooked through.
- Add in the cooked rice and it’s time to serve!
- Top each plate with a drizzle of olive oil and chili flakes to taste. Enjoy while warm!
For more easy weight loss recipes check link below!
Healthy Cornbread For Weight Loss
Green Pea Stew With Cauliflower
Easiest Cheese Spread For Weight Loss
Best Zucchini And Egg Salad For Weight Loss