This is a twist on a classic fish and spinach combination. These baked fish mini burgers made with a little more effort are a perfect mid-week, not so ordinary lunch or dinner idea!
Any lean white fish will work for these baked fish mini burgers for weight loss. You can also buy it minced at your local fish store.
I actually prefer these burgers for weight loss chunky. Which is why I chop onion and fish into smaller chunks. But you can just place everything in to a food processor and turn it into a fine mixture too.
Instead of fresh spinach, for these healthy burgers for weight loss you can also use whole spinach leaves that are frozen. And just prepare them the same way – warm through in a pan with some salt.
And if you like spice, just add some chili into the mixture or sprinkle on top of each burger just before serving.
These healthy burgers for weight loss with fish are so elegant! With a pop of color from the purple onion and bright parsley… Very aesthetically pleasing, if you ask me!
If you enjoyed this easiest burgers for weight loss, leave me a comment and let me know!
For more food inspo like this easiest fish burgers for weight loss, check out my Instagram and Pinterest where I post daily!
Baked Fish Mini BurgersCourse: Appetizers, Savory dishes, Weight Loss Recipes
2 white fish fillets
1 purple onion
1 tsp ground paprika
1 tsp dried parsley + for serving
1 tsp dried dill
2 tbsp oats
4 tbsp water
250 gr spinach
salad to serve
- Cut onion into medium size chunks.
- Wash then dry fish fillets well. Cut into smaller chunks.
- In a small bowl combine oats and water.
- To a bowl add chopped onion, fish chunks, all the spices and the oat mixture. Mix well then form 4 – 5 small burgers.
- Place the burgers on to a baking tray lined with baking paper. Then place the tray into the preheated oven at 200°C and bake until cooked through. This takes around 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime wash the spinach. Place it in a medium size pan, season with salt. Then turn the heat to medium-high and cook until it wilts. Stir occasionally.
- To serve, place a small amount of spinach on a plate, forming a circle. Then place a burger on top. Sprinkle dried parsley over each burger.
- Enjoy served with salad!
For more easy weight loss recipes check link below!
Healthy Cornbread For Weight Loss
Green Pea Stew With Cauliflower
Easiest Cheese Spread For Weight Loss
Best Zucchini And Egg Salad For Weight Loss