I must admit, this one is not for the faint hearted. You really have to love vegetables and enjoy simple flavors to enjoy this stuffed tomato weight loss recipe.
For this stuffed vegetables no meat I used regular tomatoes. I imagine beef tomatoes would be even better!
For the filling for this stuffed vegetables weight loss recipe I used frozen spinach just because it’s faster and easier. And then some cottage cheese. You will be surprised how much creaminess it adds to the dish. I also plan to try to make this dish with green kale. Kale has tougher texture and I think that it would work well in this stuffed tomato weight loss recipe.
Baking time for this simple lunch for weight loss depends on the tomatoes. I like to keep them in the oven just until they start to get soft and burst on the edges.
Again, you can serve these tomatoes stuffed with spinach and cottage cheese with a drizzle of olive oil. I forgot to add it but it would add more flavor and color to the dish.
If you enjoyed this stuffed tomato recipe for breakfast leave me a comment and let me know!
Stuffed Tomato Weight Loss RecipeCourse: Dinner, Savory dishes, Vegeterian, Weight Loss Recipes
400 gr frozen spinach
2 tbsp cottage cheese
- Cut top of the tomatoes. Using a spoon, remove the insides.
- Place all the tomatoes into a baking dish.
- To a large pan add some water and frozen spinach. Cook on medium-high heat until the water evaporates. Add in the cheese. Cook white mixing just until everything is combined.
- Divide the filling between the tomatoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180C until the tomatoes get soft and start to burst.
- Serve warm with some salad and enjoy!