It has been now a couple of months, but I have asked on my Insta stories if I should film my go-to lasagna recipe. Majority answered yes and so, I am happy to finally share it! Here is my best lasagna recipe which I hope you will enjoy!
This is a very nontraditional lasagna and it’s a Swedish lasagna recipe. There are a couple of ingredients and components of this dish that make it unique and interesting.
First the bechamel sauce which is usually not used in Italian recipes. But it makes the lasagna VERY creamy and rich! And then the canned mushrooms. Such a simple ingredient but they give SO much flavor and make the lasagna very juicy!
If you need more liquid for the sauce for this secret ingredient lasagna, then add more of the liquid mushrooms were in. That could be the secret ingredient as it adds so much depth to the dish!
We serve this easy lasagna recipe with minced meat with a simple iceberg, sweet corn and paprika salad. It’s a very light salad and it goes perfect with a heavier dish like this one.
For this how to make creamy lasagna recipe, I like to make bechamel from scratch. It is very easy. If you get any lumps, you can always strain it. Smaller lumps don’t bother me but I try to mix in the sauce vigorously so that there are none.
If you enjoyed this pasta with minced meat recipe leave me a comment and let me know. For more food inspo check out my Instagram where I post daily and my Pinterest account.
My Best Lasagna RecipeCourse: Dinner, Savory dishes
400 gr minced meat
1 brown onion
1 can (400gr) chopped tomatoes
1 can (300gr) mushrooms
1 tbsp parsley
1 tbsp oregano
1 vegetable stock cube
1 tbsp vegetable oil
15 fresh lasagna sheets
2 tbsp of butter
4 tbsp flour
300 gr Gouda cheese
- In a small pot add water and a stock cube. Bring to boil, then reduce the heat to simmering point. Cook until the cube dissolves.
- Chop onion not too finely. Add it to a pot with oil and some water. Cook until is starts to soften up.
- Add in the meat. Stir and break it into pieces using a wooden spoon or a fork. Cook until it develops brown color.
- In the meantime, cut the mushrooms if you have the whole ones. Grate the cheese.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes, mushrooms cut into slices, stock and some of the water mushrooms were in. Stir well and cook on medium heat for 5-10 more minutes.
- In another pot, melt the butter. On low-medium heat add in flour then stir to combine. Pour in about 100-200 ml of milk. Stir until there are no lumps. Use a hand whisk for this. Then add in the rest of the milk. Turn the heat to medium-high to bring to boil. Then reduce to simmering point and continue cooking until the sauce thickens. Stir constantly!
- Turn off the heat, then add in most of the grated cheese and stir until combined.
- Cover bottom of a baking dish with some of the meat sauce. Cover with three sheets of pasta, without them overlapping. Cover each sheet with some of the bechamel sauce and the meat sauce.
- Repeat the process until you have used up all the ingredients. Finish with a layer of bechamel and a little less meat sauce. Then sprinkle over the rest of the cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180°C for around 45-50 minutes or until the pasta is cooked through and the top is golden brown.
- Enjoy served with salad!
For more delicious recipes check the link below!
How To Make Pasta Dessert With Grandma
Pasta Shells With Spinach Ricotta In Homemade Tomato Sauce
Zucchini Muffins With Whole Grain Flour
Green Pea Stew With Cauliflower
Vegan Bean Stew Recipe With Grandma
Brownies With Caramel And Pretzels