One of my favorite Serbian dishes is Sataras. Which is traditionally made with lots of oil and up on the stove. I tried making this healthy pepper stew recipe up on the stove and without the oil and it was almost inedible! And so here is what I did to make it taste delicious!
I just baked this weight loss pepper stew in the oven. The air in the oven dried out the vegetables, deepened the flavors and it did the trick!
This is a very easy and pretty fast lunch idea. And even though there are only vegetables in this pepper stew healthy recipe, since the peppers are very filling it will keep you fuller for a while! You can also drizzle some olive oil on top just before serving.
To go along with this healthy pepper and tomato stew recipe I served a simple green leaf and cucumber salad. And the whole meal was ready in around 30 minutes. With very little labor needed from my side.
If you enjoyed this healthy pepper and egg stew, leave me a comment and let me know!
Healthy Pepper Stew Recipe
1 brown onion
2 bigger red peppers
2 whole egg and 2 egg whites
1 tbsp chopped parsley
100 ml water
Salad to serve
- Chop onion not too finely.
- To a bigger skillet add some water then add in chopped onion. Cook on medium-high until onion starts to soften up.
- Wash then cut peppers into thicker slices and tomatoes into smaller pieces. Add everything to the skillet. Season with salt, add in the parsley, stir then let cook until vegetables start to soften up.
- In the meantime, place the eggs and the egg whites into a bowl and beat lightly.
- Divide the vegetable mixture between two oven forms. Pour over with the beaten eggs.
- Place in the preheated oven at 200 °C and bake for around 15 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Serve warm with green leaf and cucumber salad. Enjoy!
For more easy weight loss recipes check the links below!