Lately this vegetarian mushroom stew easy recipe, has been my go-to! It is just one of those basic yet satisfying flavors!
You can use any vegetables you like for this stew recipe vegetarian. As a base, instead of using regular onion sometimes I like to use leek. Leeks have more delicate, gentle flavor and they add more color too.
Mushrooms are, however, very important ingredient in this weight loss stew recipe. They add deep, earthy flavor and color. And I use them to add protein to my diet as I do not cook a lot with meat.
Especially if you are making this weight loss stew with mushrooms for a couple of days, make sure to have some juice left in the bottom of the pan. This stew tastes much nicer when it’s on a juicier side.
My husband calls this vegetarian weight loss stew with mushrooms – ratatouille with mushrooms. Which is pretty close to truth! You can serve it as a main coarse with salad or as a side dish.
If you like simple snack recipes like this mushroom stew recipe, leave me a comment and let me know!
Vegetarian Mushroom Stew Easy RecipeCourse: One-Pot Meals, Savory dishes, Vegan, Vegeterian, Weight Loss Recipes
1 piece of celery root
250 gr mushrooms
1 red pepper
250 gr cherry tomatoes
1 tsp ground paprika
1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
2 tbsp olive oil
- Wash then cut leek into smaller pieces. Place in a pan with high sides. Add in some water then cook until it starts to get soft.
- In the meantime, wash, peel and cut celery root and carrots into smaller chunks. Add to the leeks.
- Wash and chop mushrooms into halves/quarters. Add to the rest of the veggies. Add more water if needed.
- Wash then cut zucchini, pepper and tomatoes into smaller pieces. Add to the rest of the veggies.
- Add in the spices and just enough water so that there is always a little bit of juice in the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer and stir occasionally until the vegetables become tender but not too soft.
- Turn off the heat. And then drizzle over some olive oil. Mix to combine.
- Serve with some fresh green salad and cucumber. Enjoy!
For more easy weight loss recipes check link below!