Because I cook every day, my dinners are usually simple. I have kefir and a cucumber salad. I really like the combination and it’s just so easy! But sometimes I want something else for a change and this bean salad recipe vegan is a perfect choice!
Beans take some time to cook but the recipe for this how to make bean salad with borlotti beans is very simple to make. You can use any beans you like. Borlotti beans look beautiful and go well with the rest of the ingredients which is why I usually use those.
Another main ingredient in this bean salad with cabbage is the purple cabbage. It adds vibrant color and crunch to the salad.
You can add any vegetables you like to this bean salad with cauliflower. I like to add some frozen vegetables like cauliflower or broccoli. And for some freshness add in a bit of chopped red pepper and parsley. I wish I had fresh fresh parsley. It’s got stronger taste and I like seeing the actual leave sin the salad. But, I only had fresh frozen and it still worked fine.
This bean salad recipe Mediterranean is perfect to have for dinner or as a starter. I actually prefer it cold but you can also serve it at room temperature!
If you liked this easiest bean salad recipe, then leave me a comment and let me know!
Bean Salad Recipe VeganCourse: Appetizers, Dinner, Savory dishes, Vegan, Vegeterian, Weight Loss Recipes
250 gr Borlotti beans
½ smaller cauliflower
¼ purple cabbage
1 red pepper
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1 lemon juice
- Place dried beans in a medium size pot, cover with water and let it sit on a kitchen counter over night.
- In the morning, rinse the beans under running water. Place in a pot, cover with cold water then bring to boil.
- Ones the water starts boiling, reduce the heat to simmering point and cook until the beans are cooked through. Mine took one hour to cook.
- Drain the cooked beans.
- Place cauliflower florets in a smaller pot and cover with water. Ones water comes to a boil. Reduce the heat to simmering point and cook for just a couple of minutes or until cauliflower starts to soften up. Drain.
- In the meantime – grate the cabbage, cut pepper into smaller chunks and chop parsley finely.
- In a big bowl add cabbage, beans, cauliflower, pepper chunks, parsley, salt and lemon juice. Mix until combined.
- Serve at room temperature or cold. And enjoy!
For more easy weight loss recipes check the links below!