Now, this is my kind of meal! I love yogurt and I love veggies and the two combined is just heaven! These vegetables with yogurt sauce are also very easy and quick to make!
I like this particular combination of vegetables for this vegetables with herb yogurt sauce. Leeks because they have a mild oniony flavor and they look beautiful! Zucchini for million reasons like – it is mild in taste so it goes well with everything. It is also very low in calories and filling too. Mushrooms because of their unique earthy flavor. And for color – some carrots!
The sauce for this healthy vegetables with yogurt sauce couldn’t be more simple! Sometimes I experiment with adding different herbs, but this is the combination I make most often. This sauce goes well with meat too. And you can keep it in the fridge for a couple of days.
If you want these weight loss vegetables with yogurt sauce done even simpler, you can bake them in the oven. I prefer the vegetables on the juicier side which is why I make them up on the stove.
This easy veg recipe with yogurt makes for great leftovers too! You can serve it as a main coarse or as a side dish.
If you liked this easy vegetables with yogurt sauce, then leave me a comment and let me know!
Vegetables With Yogurt SauceCourse: Appetizers, Dinner, Savory dishes, Vegan, Vegeterian, Weight Loss Recipes
1 tsp ground paprika
½ tsp ground cumin
3oo ml plain yogurt (vegan)
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tbsp chopped dill
- Wash then cut vegetables into bite size chunks. Place in a pan with high sides. Add in some water just to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cook the vegetables on medium-high until they are as soft as you like them.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce. To a medium size bowl add yogurt and the herbs. Mix until combined.
- When the vegetables are almost done cooking, add in salt and the ground spices. Mix and cook just for a couple of more minutes or until the spices warm through.
- Divide the cooked vegetables between two plates, then drizzle over with the yogurt sauce. Enjoy!
For more easy weight loss recipes check the links below!