This Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese BLEW MY MIND! It is so incredibly light, juicy and interesting to eat you really won´t miss meat. At all!
So, for this vegan Bolognese I used lentils and mushrooms. Along with the standard sofrito base, all of these vegetables add their own textures and flavors which is why this dish is so interesting to eat!
For the lentils for this vegan Bolognese lentils you can use green or brown lentils.
And for the mushrooms for this vegan Bolognese mushroom and lentils both white and brown mushrooms work.
Sauce itself is vegan but if you can’t skip the real parmesan cheese then this can also be vegetarian Bolognese. Vegan parmesan is not always easy to find always.
I don´t know why but for the pasta for this vegetarian spaghetti Bolognese recipe I like to use combination of linguine and thin spaghetti. I like the combination and it looks cute too!
Just before serving you can also add some freshly chopped parsley. That way you will add some more color to this vegetarian spaghetti Bolognese mushroom.
Vegan Spaghetti BologneseCourse: Savory dishes, Vegan, Vegeterian
125 gr linguine
125 gr thin spaghetti
1 tbsp coconut oil or water
1 brown onion
3 celery stalks
2 garlic cloves
300 gr white mushrooms
120 ml red wine
390 gr crushed tomatoes
2 heaping tbsp tomato puree
1,2 L vegetable stock
200 gr green or brown lentils
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp dried herbs (Italian, French, Basil, Rosemary, Oregano..)
Salt and pepper
Parmesan cheese (vegan) for serving
- Chop onion, celery and carrots about the same size as lentils. Chop garlic finely. Wash and drain lentils.
- In a large skillet heat up oil or water on medium-high. Add onion and cook until if becomes soft.
- Add carrots, celery and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper, stir and cook until they start to soften.
- Add wine and cook until it evaporates almost completely. Then add garlic and cook just until it becomes fragrant. This takes around 30 seconds.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato puree, lentils, baking soda, chili, herbs and stock. Stir. Bring to boil then reduce heat to simmering point. Cover with a lid and cook until lentils are cooked through and sauce thickens. This takes around 40 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook pasta al dente.
- Add pasta to the sauce, stir to combine. Serve warm with lots or vegan parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy!
For more vegan recipes check the links bellow!