Some mornings just call for a bit heavier breakfast. And this grilled pepper sandwich is it! Roasted peppers taste more substantial as opposed to fresh. And they almost give a meaty feel to the sandwich.
For the peppers, for this grilled pepper sandwich for weight loss, ones with pointy ends are a must! They have very delicate, thin flesh and usually more flavor as opposed to bell peppers.
As the peppers take some time to grill, I usually do this the night before. Or I just grill a bunch, freeze them and then take out whenever I need some to make this vegan sandwich for weight loss.
Tomato slices look pretty and add freshness which complements meaty peppers well. But, any vegetables would go nice for this tasty sandwich for weight loss. You can use fresh or steamed broccoli, asparagus, cucumber…
I am trying to eat less meat and a vegan grilled pepper tomato sandwich like this is just the perfect option! It keeps me full for hours, is so rich in flavor and beautiful too!
If you enjoyed this vegan grilled pepper sandwich, leave me a comment and let me know!
Grilled Pepper SandwichCourse: Breakfast, Savory dishes, Serbian recipes, Vegan, Vegeterian, Weight Loss Recipes
2 red peppers with pointy ends
4 pieces of bread
Salad for serving
- Wash and dry well the peppers using a kitchen towel. Place them on to a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Place the tray in to the preheated oven at 225 °C for around 30 minutes. After one side has gotten charred, turn the peppers on to the other side. Once both sides are charred, remove the tray from the oven and leave peppers to cool.
- Remove the skin and the seeds from each pepper. Cut the flesh into strips.
- On a piece of toasted bread place a few pepper strips, top with slices of tomato. Season with salt and sprinkle over with some dried parsley.
- Serve with salad and tea. And enjoy!
For more easy weight loss recipes check link below!