These baked green peas in oven are definitely the most surprising recipe of this weeks video. And it’s a must try if you ask me!
How to cook green peas for weight loss?! It’s super easy! I gave you the recipe and the vegetables I like to use for it. But you can add any you like. Broccoli, cauliflower or asparagus would also go nicely into the dish.
For this casserole recipe for weight loss I used kefir in the video. You can also use yogurt or fermented milk. And you will be surprised with how much flavor and creaminess it adds to the dish.
This kind of vegetable casserole recipe for weight loss I like to make for a few days. So, just bigger batch which I then can reheat and enjoy in minutes.
To go along with these baked green peas with kefir, I like to serve simple green salad with cucumber. Or just something fresh and crunchy will work perfectly!
If you like this how to cook green peas healthy, leave me a comment and let me know!
Baked Green Beans In OvenCourse: Dinner, Savory dishes, Vegeterian, Weight Loss Recipes
400 gr frozen green peas
1 brown onion
1 piece of celery root
1 tbsp dried or fresh dill
1 tbsp dried or fresh parsley
1-2 tsp ground paprika
1 egg white
200 ml kefir, yogurt or fermented milk
- Chop onion, celery root, carrots, and tomatoes into smaller chunks.
- To a large pan add some water. Add in chopped onion, celery root and carrots and cook just until they start to soften up.
- Add in washed peas and chopped tomatoes.
- In a small bowl combine egg white and kefir.
- To the vegetables add dill, parsley, ground paprika and salt. Add in the sauce and combine.
- Transfer everything into a baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven at 180C until the vegetables are cooked through. This takes around 20-30 minutes.
- Take the vegetables out of the oven and let sit for a while. During this time all the liquid will get absorbed.
- Serve warm, topped with more dill and with a salad on a side. And enjoy!
For more weight loss recipes check the links below!