From my videos and posts I think you can guess that I really like desserts. And I have tried and made many! 😀 For research purposes and pure indulgent too. So, believe me when I tell you that this VEGAN Pumpkin Cake With Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting is, at least in my top five best desserts, if not the number one. It is crazy how good this cake is! It is rich and moist while still being very light at the same time. And it is so light, that it makes you wander how did it make to the plate in one piece!
For the start ingredient in this vegan pumpkin cake recipe, I used butternut squash. But any pumpkin you prefer will do!
I would also recommend to sift the flour for this vegan pumpkin cake best recipe. It helps make the cake light and airy. And that is one of it’s best characteristics.
For the frosting, for this best ever pumpkin cake I used vegan margarin. But you can use vegan butter too.
This pumpkin cake no eggs is very sweet. So, if you want it less sweet you can reduce up to 30% of sugar in the batter.
To make the lax egg for this no egg pumpkin cake recipe I had to ground flaxseeds. And that took forever! 20 minutes at least! So, if you can, buy ground flaxseeds to save some time.
You should leave the cake in the fridge before cutting. But if you don’t, like I didn’t have, it is fine to cut into it right away!
Vegan Pumpkin Cake With Cinnamon Buttercream FrostingCourse: Desserts, Vegan
375 gr flour
300 gr brown sugar
150 gr caster sugar
1,5 tsp baking soda
1,5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 tsp cinnamon
0,5 tsp ground ginger
0,5 tsp ground cloves
0,5 tsp grated nutmeg
500 gr pumpkin puree
1,5 tsp vanilla
90 ml olive oil
1,5 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 flax egg – 1,5 tbsp ground flaxseeds + 4,5 tbsp hot water
- For the frosting
657 gr powdered sugar
165 gr vegan margarine
5 tsp plant milk
1,5 tsp vanilla
1,5 tsp ground cinnamon
- For decoration
4 handful chopped walnuts
- Cut pumpkin into bite size chunks. Season with salt and coat with oil. Bake at 200 °C for around 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Place in a bowl and puree until smooth using hand blender. Or you can do it in a food processor. Leave to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Line two 22cm round baking tins with baking paper.
- In a small bowl combine ground flaxseed and water until combined. Leave to sit and thicken for a minute.
- In a big bowl combine sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda, brown and white sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg.
- To dry ingredients add pumpkin puree, vanilla, oil, vinegar and flax egg. Mix just until you no onger can see more raw flour.
- Divide mixture between the cake tins. Bake for around 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool completely.
- In the meantime prepare the frosting.
- In a big bowl add powdered sugar, margarine, vanilla and milk. Mix using electric mixer until combined and smooth. Add in ground cinnamon and mix in until combined.
- Place first layer of cake on to a serving plate. Spread a third of frosting over the top. Place second layer of cake on top. Cover the whole cake, top and sides, with the rest of the frosting.
- Scatter over chopped walnuts.
- Serve right away!
For more Autumn desserts check links bellow!