Across all my social media platforms I post only my best recipes, those which I have made many times and know taste good. Some of those I am madly in love with, like this apple cake with brown butter. I have made this cake too many times this year. I have made it with regular flour, even oat flour and it turns out perfect every time.
This apple cake recipe is from Danielle Alvarez. I have discovered her, in the beginning of this year, through Emiko Davies. Emiko posted the same apple cake on her Instagram. It looked irresistible and I had to try it!
For this apple cake gluten free or apple cake with buckwheat flour you can use any flour I mentioned above. But earthy buckwheat flour in combination with nutty butter and caramelly sugar is just heavenly!
This apple cake easy recipe is like the name says, so easy to make. It does take some time to bake. But as it bakes, your house will start to smell like autumn at its best!
Because of the almond flour, butter and all the fruit, this apple cake with almond flour is very moist. It is impossible to leave alone so I suggest having some friends over when you make it!
Original recipe for this apple cake with cinnamon, calls for all spice but since I can´t get a hold of it easy I only used cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. So, feel free to experiment with the spices! I also doubled the amount of cinnamon, because you can never have enough, right?!
If you end up making this apple cake with brown butter, leave me a comment and let me know or tag me on Instagram. I would love to see how you did!
For more food inspo check out my Instagram where I post daily and my Pinterest account!
Apple Cake With Brown ButterCourse: Desserts
150 gr butter
400-500 grany smith apples
200 gr muscavado sugar
165 ml milk
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
200 gr buckwheat flour
100 gr almond flour
1,5 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground cloves
Grating of nutmeg
Pinch of salt
- Grease and line 22 cm round baking pan.
- Place butter in a small pan, turn heat to medium-high and melt. Continue simmering until it develops deep brown color and nutty aroma. Once bubbles have turned into foam remove from the heat. Leave to cool.
- In a big bowl add sugar, milk, vanilla, egg and vinegar. Mix just until combined.
- In a medium size bowl combine buckwheat flour, almond flour, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined.
- Peel and chop apples into smaller chunks.
- Add butter to sugar and milk mixture. Mix in briefly. Add dry ingredients and mix using a spoon just until combined. Add apple chunks and mix in once more.
- Transfer mixture to the baking tin.
- Bake at 175 °C for around 1 hour or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Leave to cool almost completely.
- Remove the cake from the tin and place on a serving plate. Cut into slices and enjoy!
For more autumnal recipes check out links bellow!
Salted caramel and pecan blondies