For Halloween or any occasion during pumpkin season, these pumpkin Oreo cheesecake brownies are the perfect choice! They are rich and completely irresistible!
Since I couldn’t find canned pumpkin puree, I made my own. It is very simple and easy process, and it is better to make your own. That way you know the ingredients that go into it and food is more fresh! But of course, use canned if it’s more convenient.
For biscuits I used Oreos. They work well with chocolate base and orange top. It all looks very Halloween appropriate! But, any biscuits will do.
For me, these Halloween brownies look very festive as is. But you can always decorate them to your liking.
And these Oreo cream cheese brownies will keep in the fridge for three days!
For more food inspo check out my Instagram where I post daily, and my Pinterest account.
Pumpkin Oreo Cheesecake BrowniesCourse: Desserts
- For the brownie part
140 gr butter at room temp
200 gr dark chocolate
225 gr caster sugar
½ tsp vanilla
¼ tsp salt
1 tbsp + 1 tsp cacao powder
2 tbsp hot water
2 eggs at room temp
150 gr flour
16 Oreo biscuits + 4 for top
- For the pumpkin cream cheese part
340 gr cream cheese
220 gr pumpkin puree
85 gr caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp ground cloves
Pinch of salt
- To serve
- For the brownie part
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler. In a small ramekin, mix cacao and warm water until smooth.
- In a big bowl, using electric mixer, mix butter and sugar just until combined. Add eggs, vanilla and cacao and water mixture. Mix in briefly. Add melted chocolate and mix until combined. Add flour and mix using a spoon until you no longer can see any more raw flour.
- Transfer mixture to 20×20 cm pan lined with baking paper.
- Top with Oreos.
- For the pumpkin cheesecake part
- In a big bowl mix cream cheese, using electric mixer, until smooth.
- Add rest of the ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Pour over brownie and Oreo layers.
- Sprinkle over some crushed Oreos.
- Bake at 175 °C for 1 hour and 15 to 1 hour and 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out with some batter on it.
- Leave to cool completely. Minimum three hours to overnight.
- Cut into squares.
- Serve topped with vanilla ice cream, a drizzle of caramel sauce and some crushed Oreos.
For more easy dessert recipes check links bellow!