So far, this season, I have made The Best Apple Cake, The Best Mini Apple Cheesecake and The Best Apple Crumble. And I know these are the best because I have been making them for years. As well as trying other recipes and comparing.. Just to make sure I have the right one! And now it is time for The Best Apple Caramel Milkshake!
This apple milkshake recipe is something else! It is filled with tart cinnamon apples, chewy caramel candy, sweet caramel sauce and crunchy pecans. An absolute MUST TRY if you ask me! And you could call it apple pie milkshake recipe too, which is exactly what it is!
For this apple milkshake with ice cream I used heavy cream based vanilla ice cream. Which means that the ice cream melt relly fast so I didn´t use any milk to loosen it up. If you need to, just mix ice cream with some milk, by hand or in a food processor, until you reach desired consistency.
I also used my homemade caramel sauce for this caramel apple milkshake recipe. You can find recipe here. And you can choose to add salt or not. I actually think a bit of salt is nice to cut through the sweetness.
For candy, for this caramel milkshake, I use medium soft Serbian nut candy. I couldn´t find caramel candy, that is why. But use any candy you prefer. The only thing to have in mind is that is hardens in contact with ice cream, so look for really soft kind.
As in previous apple recipes I used Granny Smith kind for this caramel milkshake recipe with ice cream. I like the combination of tart apples and sweet rest of the milkshake. And they keep their shape very well too, which is important.
Apple Caramel MilkshakeCourse: Desserts
- For the crumb topping
25 gr butter
½ tbsp flour
1 tbsp maskavado sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
1 handful pecan nuts
- For “filling”
1 grany smith apple
½ tbsp maskavado sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon
6 caramel candy
4 scoops of vanilla ice cream
4 tbsp caramel sauce
Milk to loosen up the ice cream (optional)
1 dl whipped cream
- In a small bowl add ingredients for the crumb topping. Using a fork or your fingers combine the ingredients until you reach crumbly texture. Add chopped pecans and mix briefly.
- Heat up medium size pan to medium-high then add the topping mixture. Cook until butter melts and it all start to look a little dry. Stir frequently. Transfer to a plate and let cool and harden.
- Whip cream and leave in the fridge.
- Chop candy into smaller chunks. Big enough to get through a wide straw.
- Chop apple into same size pieces.
- To the same pan add chopped apple, sugar and cinnamon. Cook, stirring frequently until apple chunks just start to soften and are still crunchy. Remove from the heat.
- To assemble, drizzle some caramel sauce into a glass. Add a scoop of ice cream the top with some apple chunks and caramel candy. Repeat the process until you have reached the top of the glass.
- To decorate, pipe whipped cream on top and sprinkle over with the crumb topping.
- Enjoy while cold!
For more easy desserts check links bellow!