This one pot chicken and orzo is the kind of comfort meal I love to make. It takes under 30 minutes to make and the result will definitely put a smile on your face!
For the meat, for this one pan chicken with orzo, I like to use chicken breasts but you can use thighs as well. Don’t cut them to thin or else they will end up dry.
For the greens, for this one pot chicken and orzo, I like to use spinach or kale. If you like your greens on a crunchier side, then use kale.
It is incredible how creamy this creamy chicken spinach orzo is. Starch from the pasta, parmesan and lemon juice make for the most beautiful thick sauce that coats and keeps everything juicy.
You can use different kinds of pasta for this chicken with orzo spinach and lemon. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
For this one pan meal I like using canned tomatoes, because it is convenient. But you can use fresh chopped too. In that case sauce would have even lighter taste.
You can serve this chicken orzo and spinach recipe as is. I like to add some arugula and some freshly squeezed lemon juice on a side.
If you are going to reheat this chicken orzo lemon spinach recipe, just add a couple of tablespoons of water in the bottom of the pan. This way you won’t use any moisture and creaminess.
One Pot Chicken And OrzoCourse: One-Pot Meals, Savory dishes
3 chicken breasts
1 brown onion
1 tsp dried thyme or Italian or French seasoning
240 gr orzo pasta
3 garlic cloves
500 ml chicken or vegetable broth
100 gr spinach
400 gr chopped caned tomatoes
Chili flakes to taste
50 gr parmesan cheese
- Cut chicken into strips. Chop onion and garlic. Wash spinach.
- In a large pa heat up oil until medium-high. Add in chicken strips and onion and cook until you no longer can see raw chicken meat.
- Add in garlic, thyme and cook until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add in tomatoes, spinach, orzo, broth and chili. Mix and make sure everything is just submerged with he broth.
- Bring to boil. Then reduce the heat to simmering point, cover and cook until pasta and chicken are cooked through. This takes around 15 minutes.
- Just before serving mix in some freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm, as is or with some arugula and lemon juice.
For more recipes with chicken check links below!