Jump to Recipe
This is a very light dish, easy to make and to eat. 🙂 As it is my husband who usually makes it, I always request more vegetables and less meat. There is just something about warm rice, broth and vegetables! Lemon is optional, but I do like just a touch of it. It also looks beautiful on a plate with yellow peppers and green peas and parsley!
Chicken with vegetables in brothCourse: Savory dishes
2 chicken breasts
2 stock cubes, chicken or vegetable
2 bell peppers
300 gr frozen peas
3 tbsp olive oil
Parsley to serve
1 lemon, optional
- Cut the meat into bite size pieces. Wash peppers and cucumber and cut into small cubes.
- In a pot heat up the olive oil then add the chicken. Cook on medium high heat until chicken is almost cooked through. Add peppers and cucumber and cook for 1 minute.
- When the chicken is cooked through add water to cover and stock cubes. Cook until the cubes have dissolved. Then add peas and cook just until they have warmed up.
- In a separate pot, cook the rice according to the instructions on the packaging. Chop parsley and slice lemon into wedges.
- To serve, add a few tablespoons of rice on a plate then top with the chicken and vegetable broth. Sprinkle over with some parsley and place a slice of lemon on a side.