I am obsessed with this dish! It is perfect for summer-a little spicy, fragrant, light and fresh tasting with a lot of salad. And that little onion and feta make it so exciting!
Lunch box-pesto pasta, marinated chicken with greek salad and baked tomatoesCourse: Savory dishes
250 gr gnocchi pasta or any short cut pasta
1 bunch of basil
1 tbsp pine nuts
100 gr grated Parmesan
2-3 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
2 chicken breast
Chicken chili marinade, store bought, enough to coat the chicken (5-6 tbsp)
1 kg cherry tomatoes
1 red onion
100 gr feta cheese
- Place the chicken in a bowl and cover with marinade. Leave in the fridge for at least two hours.Transfer to a baking tray.
- Wash half of the tomatoes and place them on a baking tray. For easier clean up, place them on a peace of baking paper.
- Bake chicken and tomatoes in preheated oven at 200°. Bake the chicken for around 30min and tomatoes for around 1 hour or until soft. Cut chicken into slices.
- Cut other half of the tomatoes in half, cucumber and onion into half moon pieces. Add everything in a bowl, mix with a spoon and crumble over some feta cheese.
- Fill a big pot with water, add salt and bring to boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking start making the pesto. In a blender add basil, garlic, grated Parmesan, pine nuts, olive oil. Mix until you reach consistency as chunky or as smooth as you like.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and save som of the cooking water, in case you want to loosen up the sauce. Add pesto to the pasta and mix using a spoon.
- To a lunch box add some of the pesto pasta, top with a few slices of chicken, a few tablespoons of Greek salad and some bakes tomatoes.