How delicate does this flourless lemon cake with raspberries looks like?! This is such a beautiful combination of bright yellow cake and red raspberries. And that light dusting of powdered sugar makes it even more angelic like.
This post is in collaboration with Intro Ducing – a high class magazine for people, brands, and services. I was kindly asked by the author Sanja to contribute with one of my recipes which I very happily accepted. On the Intro Ducing site you can find interviews with influential people but also keep up with the newest in beauty and fashion. And if you need virtual escape there are travel posts too!
This flourless lemon cake gluten free is made with ground almonds which give slight nutty taste to it. And make the cake very moist! Even though I am not on a gluten free diet, it is nice to skip the flour from time to time and this gluten free lemon cake easy is a perfect choice.
For this flourless lemon cake with almond meal you can even use ground walnuts. They are stronger in flavor but will work well despite.
I prefer baking with ground almonds because cakes always turn out very moist and I like nutty flavor. I tell myself that these cakes are healthier as oppose to those with flour. 😀 So this flourless lemon almond cake is my go to.
You can serve this flourless lemon cake with raspberries as is or you can add fruit. Berries work best, raspberries in particular. They are a nice complement to this tangy lemon cake easy and sweet coat of powdered sugar.
And if you want to take this a step further serve some ice cream on a side of this flourless lemon almond cake easy and extra dusting of powdered sugar.
This is a very simple recipe for flourless lemon cake easy. All you need to do is have patience while folding the batter and you will end up with perfectly light and airy cake.
This how to make lemon cake easy is one of the easiest and quickest lemon cake recipes. I have another lemon drizzle cake recipe you might want to check out if you want the ultimate lemon experience!
This is Italian lemon cake easy. It is similar to lemon caprese just not as moist.
Flourless lemon cake with raspberriesCourse: Desserts
100 gr caster sugar
145 gr almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp ground cardamom
1 tsp vinegar
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp lemon zest (about 2-3 lemons)
1 tsp butter to grease the pan
1 tbsp powdered sugar
200 gr fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line 22 cm round baking pan. Separate the eggs into egg whites and egg yolks and sugar into two. Zest lemons.
- In a medium size bowl mix almond flour, cardamom and baking powder.
- In a big bowl add egg yolks, one half of the sugar and lemon zest. Mix using a wooden spoon, just until combined. Add in dry ingredients and mix again just until it comes together. This mixture is very dense.
- In a medium size bowl add egg whites and mix, using electric mixer, until bubbles start to form. Add vinegar and salt and continue mixing until whites start to harden. Then add sugar, about heaping teaspoon at a time, and mix until stiff pics.
- Add three tablespoons of egg whites mixture to the almond mixture and mix, using wooden spoon, to loosen it up. Then keep adding a dollop of the egg whites to the almond mixture and fold carefully. You want to cut through the dollop of egg whites and then bring one side of the whole mixture over other.
- Transfer mixture to baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and cakes has pulled away from the sides of the pan.
- Let the cake cool before transferring it to the serving dish.
- Dust over with powdered sugar. Add a few raspberries on top then cut into slices and enjoy!
For more easy dessert with fruit check out links bellow!