When I first made this dish it was an experiment and I was just using what I had in the kitchen. It turned out to be one of my favorite combinations. Sweet chili chicken, creamy mash with some texture from the carrots, light asparagus and garlicky tzaziki. It maybe sounds strange but it definitely tastes great together!
Sweet chilli chicken with carrot and potatoes mash, asparagus and tzazikiCourse: Savory dishes
3 chicken breast
7 medium size potatoes
250 gr asparagus
5 garlic cloves
500 gr Greek yogurt
1 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp sweet chili sauce
2 tbsp olive oil + some for the mash
3 tbsp milk
A few olives to decorate
- Cut chicken into big chunks and place in a bowl. Add soy and chili sauce, 2 finely chopped garlic cloves, olive oil. Make sure the marinade covers all of the chicken peaces and leave in fridge for a few hours.
- Transfer marinated chicken to a baking dish and bake in the 180° preheated oven for around 30min or until cooked through.
- In the middle of a muslin cloth, leaving edges free, place yogurt. Hang the muslin cloth in the fridge for a few house and let the excess water drain out of the yogurt.
- Grate cucumber and 3 garlic cloves. Leave to drain or squeeze almost all the liquid out.
- Combine yogurt and grated cucumber and garlic. Decorate with a few olives and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Wash, peal and cup carrots and potatoes into quarters. To a pot with water add carrots, bring to boil and cook until they start to soften. Then add the potatoes and cook until cooked through. Drain and mash with some olive oil and milk. Season to taste.
- To boiling water add frozen asparagus then remove from heat and drain.
- To serve, place a couple of tbsp of mash and cover with a few peaces of chicken and some of the baking sauce. On a side place a few of the asparagus and a dollop of tzaziki. Drizzle with some olive oil.