This one pan chicken and vegetables is the most exciting one pan meal, full of different textures and flavors! Just look at all the colors in this dish!
For this chicken lentil and leek bake I used chicken breasts but you can use thighs too if you prefer.
And for the crumb topping, for this chicken lentil and beets bake, I used panko breadcrumbs. They are lighter and crunchier in comparison to regular breadcrumbs. You can also make your own breadcrumb mixture, for this one pan chicken and vegetables, using stale bread.
If you want to keep this breaded chicken with lentils and leeks on a healthier side, just skip topping chicken with the breadcrumb mixture. Mustard gives a lot of flavor and character so it will taste delicious anyways.
I added beets to this one pan chicken lentil and beets, for pop of color and juicy element. But you can replace them with broccoli, radishes, peppers… any vegetables you like!
Leeks are essential in this one pan chicken lentil and leeks. They add mild onion flavor and just look stunning on a plate.
To serve I like to add some crème fraiche to this one pan Mediterranean chicken and lentils. And some more fresh parsley.
If you liked this breaded chicken with lentils and beets recipe leave me a comment and let me know!
For more food inspo check out my Instagram where I post daily and my Pinterest account.
One Pan Chicken And VegetablesCourse: One-pan Meals, Savory dishes
300 ml chicken or vegetable stock
6 sprigs of thyme
3 garlic cloves
100 gr precooked green or brown lentils
4 red beets
2 chicken breasts
2 tsp mustard
2 tbsp breadcrumbs (I used panko)
1 tbsp chopped parsley + whole leaves for serving
½ tbsp oil
4 tbsp crème fraiche
- If you are preparing lentils yourself – wash and drain them. Place in a pot, cover with water them bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmering point and cook until cooked through. This takes around 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine breadcrumbs, parsley, oil and salt.
- Cut leek into thicker slices, beets into smaller bite size chunks and garlic as finely as you can get it.
- Cover bottom of a baking dish (20×30 cm) with cooked lentils. On top spread slices of leek, chunks of beets, chopped garlic and thyme.
- Place chicken breasts in between the vegetables. Cover each with a teaspoon of mustard and top with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Drizzle stock all over the vegetables.
- Place in the preheated oven at 200 °C and bake for 45 min or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve on top of crème fraiche and sprinkle over with whole parsley leaves.
For more recipes with chicken check links below!
Creamy Chicken And Artichoke Pasta
Chicken With Vegetables In Broth
Chicken Tagine With Dried Apricots
Sweet Chili Chicken With Carrot And Potato Mash Tzatziki And Asparagus
Lunch Box – Pesto Pasta With Marinated Grilled Chicken Greek Salad And Baked Tomatoes