Holiday season starts early in Serbia. Sometime in early Autumn. And every family have their saint they celebrate and that continues all the way until New Years and Christmas. It actually continues all year around but most celebrations are during Autumn/Winter season. For dessert most families serve a plate of small/bite size cookies like this easy chocolate dessert with biscuits or Bajadera as we call it.
This is a no bake chocolate dessert. So, it is so easy to make and tastes like chocolate and biscuit heaven! It is impossible not to love!
This is also chocolate biscuit recipe egg less or chocolate biscuit recipe no egg. And you can easily make it vegan – just swap butter, chocolate and biscuits for non-dairy versions.
I like to use Serbian Lane ground biscuits for this chocolate biscuit recipe. It adds more color to the cookies and I like the taste of it. In Sweden, you can buy it already in ground form, in oriental stores and sometimes in regular food stores. But use any ground biscuits you prefer.
If you like this easy biscuit dessert no bake, leave me a comment and let me know!
For more food inspo check out my Instagram where I post daily and my Pinterest account!
Easy Chocolate Dessert With BiscuitsCourse: Desserts, Serbian recipes
100 ml water
125 gr butter
100 gr sugar
½ tsp vanilla
200 gr ground biscuits ( I used Serbian Lane )
150 gr ground walnuts
50 gr dark chocolate + 50 gr for the glaze
1 tbsp coconut oil or vegetable oil
- Add 50 grams of chocolate to a small plate. Place on top of a small pot with boiling water. Stir until melted then set aside.
- In a big bowl add ground biscuits and walnuts then mix briefly with a spoon.
- In a small pot add water, sugar, butter and vanilla. Turn heat to medium-high and cook until butter melt and sugar dissolves.
- Add liquid to the dry ingredients and mix until combined using a spoon.
- Divide the mixture into two.
- Add melted chocolate to one half of the biscuit mixture and mix until combined using a spoon.
- Grease a pan with oil or line with baking paper.
- Spread the half with chocolate into a 14×20 cm shape (double the recipe amount for 22×30 cm pan). Smooth the edges and top using a clean spoon. Top with other half of biscuit mixture and smooth the edges again.
- Melt second 50 gr of dark chocolate and coconut oil the same way as before.
- Pour over the cake.
- Leave in the fridge to harden. This takes at least three hours.
- When the cake is set, cut of the edges. Then cut into roughly 2×5 cm pieces. Enjoy!
For more Serbian recipes check out links bellow!