Here is chocolate stuffed french toast recipe to elevate your French toast game! If you like a rich, sweet breakfast then this french toast recipe with chocolate is perfect for that. Otherwise these makes for easy and very rich dessert to share!
For the filling for this french toast stuffed with chocolate or chocolate stuffed french toast recipe I used crème fraiche. But you can use any dairy product to loosen up the Nutella. Just add the dairy product gradually until you reach the consistency you are happy with.
To serve use any topping you like for this french toast with chocolate. I like to add some crunch so I used hazelnuts and cacao nibs. Bitterness of cacao nibs is a perfect contrast to otherwise very sweet rest of this french toast with chocolate inside. But even shaved dark or white chocolate would be pretty and add a different texture!
There is a video tutorial in the end of this post for how to make chocolate stuffed french toast. In that video I show how to make two more French toast flavours.
If you liked this how to make chocolate french toast, leave me a comment and let me know! And let me know which recipes you would to see from me in the future!
Chocolate Stuffed French Toast RecipeCourse: Breakfast, Desserts
2 pieces of bread
1 tbsp cacao
Splash of milk
Vegetable or coconut oil, enough to cover bottom of the pan
1 tbsp Nutella + for serving
1-2 tbsp crème fraiche/pavlaka/Greek yogurt
Handful chopped hazelnuts
1 tbsp cacao nibs
Pinch of powdered sugar
- In a small bowl add Nutella and crème fraiche. Mix until combined.
- In a wide bowl add eggs, sifted cacao, and milk. Beat until combined.
- Cut each piece of bread into triangles. Add oil to a large pan and heat up to medium-high.
- Dip each piece into the egg mixture. Then transfer directly into the pan. Cook for a minute on each side.
- To serve place a piece of toast on to a plate. Spread a thin layer of the Nutella filling. Cover with a piece of bread and repeat the process. Finish with a piece of toast on top.
- Drizzle over some more Nutella, sprinkle chopped hazelnuts, cacao nibs and dust with some powdered sugar.
- Enjoy while warm or cold!
For more autumnal recipes check out links bellow!