This saffron cake recipe easy is my go-to for the season. I make this cane every year at least once! It is just so easy, delicious and perfect for any occasion!
For this saffron milk cake, this time I used crème fraiche. Original recipe calls for milk. The consistency was not as light as with the milk. But it’s good to have options, right?!
To serve along this saffron milk cake recipe, I like some powdered sugar and redcurrants. But any berries or even whipped cream would be nice!
I like this saffron sponge cake in a round form. For some reason it looks more angelic that way!
This soft saffron cake recipe is best served on the same day. If you have any pieces over, just store them in an air tight container in the fridge.
This is also saffron cake Swedish. Which explains the amount of butter in the cake! 😊
If you liked this saffron cake easy and would like to see more recipes with saffron, leave me a comment and let me know!
Saffron Cake Easy RecipeCourse: Uncategorized
300 gr caster sugar
1,5 gr saffron
200 gr butter
2 tsp baking powder
150 ml milk, yogurt or crème fraiche
380 gr flour
Powdered sugar for decorating
- Melt butter and let cool for a bit.
- In a big bowl add eggs and sugar and mix until combined.
- Add in creme fraiche, saffron and baking powder and mix until combined. Add in melted butter and the flour and mix just until you no longer can see any more raw flour.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180 °C for around 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Leave to cool before removing sides of the baking tin and baking paper.
- Serve with some powdered sugar on top and enjoy!
For more Christmasy and easy desserts check links bellow!