Today I am sharing with you three easy new years desserts with cream. It is impossible for me to say which one I prefer because they are all mind blowingly good! But, if I had to I would choose this easy vanilla ice cream with condensed milk. It is dangerously easy to make and tastes like a dream!
For this easy vanilla ice cream recipe with condensed milk I used Swedish Daim chocolate. It is actually hard caramel coated in chocolate and it’s delicious! You can find it in Ikea stores, I believe. So, you could call this daim ice cream too. But you can use any chocolate you like or caramel candy.
This stracciatella ice cream with condensed milk remind me of Italian Stracciatella ice cream, because of the hard bits inside. And the consistency is more like semifreddo. So, more creamy and not icy.
For this easy ice cream with condensed milk no machine you don’t need an ice cream machine. Which is very convenient!
I left this easy stracciatella ice cream with condensed milk in the freezer over night. But depending on the shape of the container you store it in, it takes between 2-8 hours for it to freeze.
For toppings for this easy ice cream with condensed milk I used crushed gingerbread cookies and orange. So, very Christmassy flavors. But you can also serve it just as is!
And this easy ice cream with condensed milk no ice cream machine tastes best after it’s been sitting t room temperature for a few minutes and it’s starting to melt.
For more food inspo check out my Instagram where I post daily and my Pinterest account!
Easy Vanilla Ice Cream With Condensed Milk
500 gr heavy cream
400 gr condensed milk
2 tbsp powdered sugar
250 gr Daim chocolate
200 gr gingerbread cookies
1 orange zest
- Chop caramel chocolate into smaller pieces.
- Place heavy cream in a big bowl and mix, using electric mixer until pretty thick.
- Add in powdered sugar. Continue mixing while adding condensed milk in slow stream.
- Once cream and milk are combined fold in chopped chocolate pieces.
- Transfer to a baking tin (20 cm) with removable sides. Then freeze for 2-8 hours.
- In the meantime place gingerbread cookies in a food processor and blend until you have some fine powder and some bigger chunks.
- Cover bottom of a serving dish a little bigger than the ice cream, with gingerbread crumbs.
- Place the ice cream on top.
- To decorate, sprinkle over some gingerbread crumbs and freshly grated orange zest.
- Serve right away and enjoy!
For more easy desserts check links below!