This Miso Ramen Chicken and my Japan trip in pictures is inspired by the best miso ramen I had in Japan. In the video I included pictures and shared my experience and thoughts on the unforgettable trip to Japan. You can find the video in the end of this post or you can just click here to watch!
This is a very easy chicken miso ramen that comes together in under 30 minutes. For me, ramen is the ultimate comfort food – with the crunchy greens, creamy eggs, a bit of spice, umami of course, tender meat and rich broth, not many dishes not many dishes come close in comparison.
I like the spicy miso broth so I added some godjujang to it. You can use ground chili too. And if you don’t like spicy food just skip adding chili.
And to achieve miso flavor ramen I used white miso. Be careful how much miso you use. A little too much can end up with a very strong miso flavor.
For this soybean paste ramen I used my favorite toppings – bok choy, green onions, seaweed and eggs. You can also use sweet corn, spinach, bean sprouts…
Choice of noodles is very important for this miso ramen with bok choy or any ramen. I like very thin type of noodles and those cook in 3-4 minutes. But there are many types and even fresh made you can experiment with.
If you liked this miso ramen with miso paste and would like to see more recipes like this, leave me a comment and let me know!
Miso Ramen ChickenCourse: Savory dishes
3 cloves of garlic
1 tsp ginger paste or grated ginger
2 chicken breasts
1 brown onion
1 tbsp Mirin
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp white miso paste
1 tbsp soya sauce
2 tsp godjujang (Korean chili paste)
1,5 L chicken or vegetable broth
Ramen noodles for 2
2 bok choy
4 green onion
2 tsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp oil
- In a large pot add oil and turn heat to medium-high. Add in chopped garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant.
- Add in chicken breasts and fry for a few of minutes on both sides or until they develop some color. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add in mirin, soya sauce, sesame oil, godjujang and miso paste. Stir until miso dissolves.
- Add in roughly chopped onion and cover everything with the broth. Bring to boil, then reduce the heat to simmering point, cover with a lid and cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, fill one small and one medium with water and bring to boil. Add in bok choy to a small pot and cook just for a couple of minutes or until bok choy starts to get soft. So, don’t overcook it. Drain. To a medium size pot add ramen noodles and cook according to the packaging instructions. Then drain.
- Place egg in a small pot, cover with water and bring to boil. Cook for 6 minutes. Drain.
- When chicken is cooked through, remove it from the broth and cut into thicker chunks.
- Strain the broth.
- Chop green onions finely. Toast sesame seed until they develop some color.
- Cover bottom of a wide bowl with the noodles. Poor over a few ladles of broth. Place a few bok choy pieces on top, slices of chicken and egg halves. Season the eggs then sprinkle some chopped green onions and sesame seeds on top. Also, tuck in a few sheets of seaweed.
- Serve while warm and enjoy!
For more recipes with chicken check links below!