This was such a beautiful plate of food. I am not a big fan of meat and always crave more veggies. So, this combination of little bit of meat and lots of veggies is perfect. And look at all the colors…wonderful!
You might notice that I didn’t have real skewers and used chopsticks instead. Yeah..Don´t do that!
Chicken skewers on bed of wild rice with grilled aubergine, zucchini and a dolop of guacamole and yoghurt sauceCourse: Savory dishes
4 chicken breast
3 tbsp avocado oil
4 cloves of garlic
2 tsp paprika powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp cayenne
2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Grilled vegetables
2 small aubergine
4 small zucchini
A squeeze of lemon
- Yogurt sauce
4 tbsp Greek yogurt (i used Swedish gräddfil)
2 cloves of garlic
1 small bunch of parsley
1 tbsp mayo
A squeeze of lemon
250 gr wild rice
1-2 big jars of grilled red peppers or 4-8 peppers
- Cover wood sticks with with water and let soak.
- Cut chicken in similar size pieces. Place chicken in a bowl and add oil, garlic, parsley, onion powder, paprika powder, cayenne, salt, pepper. Toss well, cover with foil then leave in fridge for a couple of hours.
- After chicken has had time to marinate, skewer it.
- Cut aubergine and zucchini into circles about 1-2cm thick. Place in a bowl, add salt, pepper, oil and toss.
- On a medium-high heat, heat up a grill pan and grill chicken on all sides until cooked through. This takes just a few minutes.
- Grill vegetables until they soften a bit and have grill marks on them.
- In a bowl, add avocado, salt, pepper and lemon juice then mash until desired consistency.
- In a bowl combine yogurt, parsley, chopped garlic, mayo, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Cook rice according to instructions on packaging.
- To serve-cover bottom of plate/bowl with rice, on top place one chicken skewer, a few pieces of grilled vegetables, 1-2 grilled peppers, a dolop each of guacamole and yogurt sauce.