These creamy noodles with chicken mushrooms and broccoli are one of the first recipes I ever learned how to make. So, the recipe is REALLY easy! 😊
Lately I have been making these creamy noodles with chicken and mushrooms with only mushrooms. But I wanted to share the original recipe, I got from my mother in law. So, now you can choose is you want to use half-half or just mushrooms.
And when I use chicken for this chicken noodles with mushrooms usually I use breast meat. But thighs work well too.
Now, for the spice for these spicy chicken noodles with mushrooms.. In Sweden they sell really nice grill spice mixture which I use for this recipe. And I am guessing you can find similar mixture in most countries. But if you can’t, I have recipe for that too below!
Since these creamy spicy noodles with chicken mushrooms and broccoli are very creamy I like to serve something green and crunchy on a side. And cooked broccoli is what I usually use. But carrots, asparagus or any green you like will work too!
Recently I learned a trick how to eat noodles with chopsticks. And I tried it with these asian noodles with chicken and mushrooms and it worked great! If you are wandering what the trick is, check the video in the end of this post!
These asian noodles with chicken mushrooms and broccoli are great for easy weekday dinners and I love then for leftovers too. But, they taste the best when served right away while warm!
For more food inspo check out my Instagram where I post daily and my Pinterest account!
Creamy Noodles With Chicken Mushrooms And BroccoliCourse: Savory dishes
1 chicken breast
2 cans (800gr) of sliced mushrooms
375 gr egg noodles
3 garlic cloves
330 gr cream for savory dishes
2 tbsp soya sauce
2 handfuls broccoli florets
3 tbsp oil
- For the spice mixture
2 tsp ground paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp ground onion
1 tsp ground garlic
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp chili
½ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp salt
- In a small bowl or ramekin mix all the spices together.
- Fill one large and one small pot with water and bring to boil.
- Cut garlic not too finely and chicken into smaller bite size pieces. Drain mushrooms.
- Add oil to a wok pan and heat up to medium-high. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add in chicken pieces and stir fry until chicken is cooked through.
- Add in mushrooms and stir fry just until all the moisture evaporates.
- Sprinkle over a few teaspoons of the spice mixture. I usually add all of the mixture which is around 3-4 teaspoons.
- Stir fry just for a minute, until spices become more fragrant.
- Poor in the cream and the soya sauce. Mix and let simmer for just a couple of minutes.
- In the meantime, add noodles to the big pot with boiling water and cook according to the instructions. The kind I use cooks in 4-5 minutes.
- Add broccoli florets to the smaller pot with boiling water and cook just until they release green color. Remove from the heat and drain.
- Add cooked and drained noodles to the chicken and mushroom sauce. Using a pair of tongs and a wooden spoon, combine until noodles soak up all of the liquid.
- Serve with broccoli pieces on a side.
For more easy recipes with chicken check the links below!
One Pan Breaded Chicken Lentils And Beets
Creamy Chicken And Artichoke Pasta
Chicken With Vegetables in Broth