This halloumi bake with aubergine is so easy and quick to make. So, I make it a LOT during working days.
You can use any vegetables you have or like for this halloumi bake. Serve it as is or with some good bread and a drizzle of balsamic glaze to lift the flavors.
What I love about this vegetarian tray bake with halloumi is the combination of sweet soft peppers, meaty aubergine, salty cheese, spicy onion and all that with some balsamic glaze.. It tastes heavenly!
And if you are trying to eat less meat, like I am, this vegetarian one pan meal is a great recipe to have on hand. You don’t even have to think too much about quantities. Just use whatever you have in the fridge!
Another thing I love about quick one pan vegetarian meals like this one is how colorful and easy to present they are.
This halloumi recipe ideas can also serve as an appetizer or a side dish. I would pair it with white fish, chicken or sausages.
For more vegetarian one sheet pan meals or one pot meals, check end of this post. I will have links to more recipes!
For more food inspo check out my Instagram where I post daily and my Pinterest account.
Halloumi Bake With AubergineCourse: One-pan Meals, Savory dishes, Vegeterian
1 halloumi cheese / 250 gr
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 red onion
4 tbsp olive oil
Handful of basil leaves
4 slices of sour dough bread
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Cut peppers, aubergine and onion into bite size chunks.
- Vut halloumi cheese into around five to six thick slices.
- Transfer pepper and aubergine chunks to a baking dish. Drizzle over most of the oil. Season then toss until everything is well coated in oil. Sprinkle over onion chunks.
- Bake until vegetables are almost cooked. This takes around 25 minutes. Take out of the oven and mix around briefly. Layer over slices of cheese. Drizzle over rest of the oil and salt and chili on top of each slice of cheese.
- Broil on highest temperature, in the oven until vegetables are cooked through and cheese becomes brown on the edges. This takes around 5 minutes.
- Just before serving, scatter over basil leaves.
- Serve as is or on top of some good bread and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
For more easy meals check links bellow!
One Pan Gnocchi Bake With Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
One Pan Salmon Potatoes And Asparagus
6 Minute Creamy Pasta With Tuna Fish And Green Olives
One Pot Vegetarian Soup With Cauliflower
5 Ingredient Vegetarian Lasagna With Ricotta Cheese