As it’s getting warmer I am craving lighter food which is also easier to cook. And this easy tomato and ricotta lasagna is the perfect example.
I am always in the mood for pasta, but I am not always in the mood to make tomato sauce from scratch. So, for those days, store bought sauce is more than good. Just look for one with clean ingredients.
This dish is my ideal summertime dish! It takes maximum 20 minutes of work, it is light but also cheesy and with lots of flavor from tomatoes and basil.
Mozzarella on top is optional and technically sixth ingredient but I like adding it for even more cheesy flavor. If you want, you can save some of the ricotta and use it instead or just skip adding additional cheese on top.
To serve alongside this beautiful lasagna I like to use mixed greens. In particular peppery rocket is the perfect combination.
What are yours easy go-to meals?
Five ingredient vegetable lasagnaCourse: Vegeterian
9 lasagna sheets
1 jar or 4 dl tomato pasta sauce
1 jar or 4 dl crushed tomatoes
500 gr ricotta cheese
200 gr spinach
1 mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat up olive oil in a large pan. Add washed spinach, season with salt and pepper and cook on medium to high heat until it wilts. This takes only a few minutes.
- In a medium size bowl add tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes. Season and briefly mix with a spoon.
- Add ricotta to a plate and mash with a fork.
- Spread a few tablespoons of tomato mixture around bottom of a baking dish. Lay over first layer – three sheets of pasta. Spread a third of ricotta, about a tablespoon and a half of ricotta over each sheet of pasta. Add half of the spinach, a few more tablespoons of tomato mixture and one third of basil leaves.
- Cover with second layer of pasta sheets, then a third of ricotta, second half of spinach, some tomato sauce and a third of basil leaves.
- Cover with last layer of pasta, last of ricotta, rest of the tomato sauce, chunks of mozzarella and last third of basil leaves.
- Bake att 200 °C for around 30-40 minutes or until pasta is cooked through.
- Leave to cool slightly before serving.