This is so simple and easy and tastes like you have spent hours in the kitchen. And here, you can really see power of garlic, lemon and olive oil! So, it´s one pan meals – salmon with potatoes and asparagus. It’s juicy and fresh, vibrant and light! It is done in 30-40minutes and is even great for leftovers.
One of my favorite meals growing up was poached or baked fish with potatoes and Swiss chard. With lots of olive oil, lemon and parsley. So, I guess this is Nordic version of that dish.
We used frozen salmon and with the sauce you won´t be able to tell it wasn’t fresh. But use fresh if you can, it´s always a better option!
For vegetables, I really like combination of baked potatoes that are soft on the inside and firm asparagus. But you can also use broccoli or cauliflower.
And don´t be shy with the sauce because that is what keeps everything but especially the fish moist and gives the dish its lightness and freshness.
One pan meals – Salmon with potatoes and asparagusCourse: One-Pot Meals
4 salmon fillets, about 150gr each
8 medium size potatoes
2 bunches of asparagus
1 bunch of parsley
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp garlic paste or 4 cloves of garlic
8 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp dried thyme
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Add 3 tablespoons of oil to a large pan and spread around.
- Cut garlic into thin slices. Chop hard ends of asparagus. Cut one lemon into slices.
- Cut potatoes into bite size chunks. Place chunks in a big bowl. Add two tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and thyme. Add slices of garlic, mix, and spread in the baking dish. Bake for around 10-15minutes or until potatoes start to soften. Baking time depend on the size of the potato chunks.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce. Chop parsley and place in a smaller bowl. Add garlic paste or finely chopped garlic. Season with salt then add 3tablespoons of olive oil and lemon juice. Mix to combine.
- Take potatoes out of the oven and push to one side. Place asparagus in the pan, drizzle over with half of the sauce, toss around, and push to other side. Place salmon fillets in the middle of the pan, drizzle over with the rest of the sauce. Place lemon slices on top of salmon fillets and asparagus.
- Bake for another 15minutes or until salmon and vegetables are cooked through.
Serve warm and enjoy!