I am starting a new series on my YouTube channel and here on the blog – easy one pan meals. And first up are these gnocchi with sun dried tomato pesto!
As these vegetarian gnocchi with pesto or baked gnocchi is a very versatile dish, you can use any vegetables you like. This is just a combination I prefer. But this is also great dish to make when you want to use up vegetables you have in your fridge. So, broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, aubergine… any vegetable will do!
Just the gnocchi bake is a full meal on its own. So, pesto, roasted pine nuts and parmesan cheese are optional but very exciting additions I wouldn´t pass on. If you want the pesto to be vegetarian/vegan just skip the anchovies. And you can replace Parmesan with vegan option too.
This one pan gnocchi bake takes around 30 minutes to make so it´s a perfect recipe for lazy days!
If you like this one pan gnocchi or gnocchi with sun dried tomato pesto, leave me a comment and let me know!
Gnocchi With PestoCourse: Savory dishes
250 gr gnocchi
6 cherry tomatoes
1 small yellow pepper
1 small red pepper
1 red onion
2 garlic cloves
Salt & pepper
1 tsp dried herbs, I used French mix
Around 3 tbsp oil
1 tbsp Parmigiano shavings
Handful basil leaves
Handful pine nuts
- For the sundried tomato sauce/pesto
200 gr sundried tomatoes with oil
4 anchovy fillets
2 garlic cloves
Handful pine nuts + some for decoration
Zest from one lemon
Juice from ½ lemon or to taste
1 tsp red pepper flakes for decoration
- Cut tomatoes into halves, peppers into chunks, onion into half-moon slices. Chop garlic finely.
- In an oven form add gnocchi, chopped vegetables. Season with salt, pepper, dried herbs, oil then mix until everything is well coated with oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180 °C, for around 30 min or until gnocchi are cooked through and vegetables are soft and juicy. Toss once during baking.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce/pesto.
- In a medium size bowl add sundried tomatoes with the oil, anchovy fillets, pine nuts, garlic cloves, lemon zest and juice then mix using hand mixer until smooth. Serve in a small bowl topped with some olive oil, red pepper flakes and more chopped pine nuts.
- In a small pan add pine nuts and roast until they develop some color.
- When gnocchi are baked, serve them right away. Just before serving top with sundried tomato sauce, toasted pine nuts, Parmesan shavings, fresh basil leaves, black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
For more Italian recipes check out links bellow!