Here is my first Serbian recipe and it is an absolute favorite of mine! So simple and so beautifully yellow. This cornbread is soft, which is one way to make it. I like to have it for breakfast, lunch and dinner as it goes well with yogurt, starters, meat, vegetable stews and even jam.
Serbian cornbreadCourse: Serbian recipes
2 dl yogurt
1 dl oil
3 dl corn flour
3 dl plain flour
1,8 dl mineral water
2 tsp baking powder
250 cottage cheese
1-2 tbsp sesame
- In a bowl add eggs, oil, mineral water and yogurt then mix using electric mixer or a whisk.
- To the egg mixture add corn flour, flour, salt, baking powder and mix well using a spatula.
- Add cheese and mix again.
- Transfer to an oiled and floured baking dish. Sprinkle over with sesame.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180° for around 40-50min or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or/and cold.