Some days only pasta will do, creamy mushroom pasta with bacon and onion specifically. Just thinking of it makes me want to run to the kitchen!
I used small amount of bacon for this creamy mushroom pasta with bacon, and let the mushrooms shine. You can also add some dried mushrooms and deepen the flavour. In that case use the water dried mushrooms were soaking in as part of the stock.
For pasta for this creamy pasta with mushrooms or just creamy mushroom pasta, I like to use thin spaghetti. Even though sauce is heavy it is still delicate in a way so, thin spaghetti are a good match.
Just make sure to cut mushrooms for this creamy pasta with mushrooms and bacon thinly. That way they blend better with the rest of the ingredients.
For this creamy mushroom pasta recipe, I used champignon mushrooms. For more flavour you can also use brown mushrooms.
For herbs you can use tarragon, parsley. Preferably fresh. I only had dried parsley but fresh would add more color so if you can, definitely use fresh parsley for this creamy pasta recipe.
This creamy mushroom pasta recipe easy comes together in around 30 minutes. It is best served warm. But if you have some left overs just reheat them with a splash of water and it will taste just as good! I also like to serve simpe tomato and cucumber salad on a side.
If you make this creamy mushroom pasta with bacon and onion leave me a comment and let me know how you liked it! And if you post a picture on social media tag me, I would love to see your creations!
Creamy mushroom pasta with bacon and onion
300 gr thin spaghetti
1 brown onion
2 cloves of garlic
80 gr bacon
300 gr mushrooms
splash white wine
200 ml vegetable stock
230 ml cream for savoury dishes
1 tbsp chopped parsley
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp butter
- Slice mushrooms, onion, garlic and bacon into thin slices.
- Bring big pot with water to boil.
- Place a large pan with high sides on medium-high heat. Add sliced mushrooms and cook until they start to brown. Then add bacon slices and cook until it releases its juices.
- Add sliced onion and continue cooking until most of the fat evaporates. Add a splash of oil if needed.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add a splash of wine and cook until alcohol evaporates. Then add vegetable stock. Simmer until sauce thickens.
- Then add the cream. Cook until it thickens slightly.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking add butter and parsley to the sauce. Stir until butter melts. Add drained pasta to the sauce and stir to combine.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
For more pasta recipes check links bellow!