Jump to Recipe
Out of all the vegetarian dishes this one is probably my favorite! I love how simple it is, beautiful and so tasty! That depends of vegetables, of course, so if you can find really quality ones than this is the dish to make!
Serbian SatarasCourse: Serbian recipes
2 yellow onions
2-3 cloves of garlic
4 tbsp olive oil or enough to cover the bottom of the pan
1 tsp ground paprika
- Peel and cut onions not too finely.
- Finely chop garlic.
- Wash peppers, remove stem and seeds, then cut in half and each half into bite size pieces.
- Peel the tomato skins (optional). Cut tomatoes into halves then into bite size pieces.
- In a wide pad add olive oil and yellow onion. Fry on medium-high heat until translucent. Add water if needed. Season with salt.
- Add peppers, salt then mix and cook while occasionally mixing until the peppers have soften up a bit.
- Add tomatoes and mix again. Add garlic, ground paprika and cook until the peppers are soft but still hold their shape and most of the juices have evaporated.
- There should be some juice left because as the dish cools down, it will thicken.
- Serve with feta cheese and some good bread.