These dinner rolls with cottage cheese are a traditional Serbian recipe. They can also be make with any other cheese you like, jam or even plane – with no filling.
For this how to make dinner rolls with cottage cheese I used my favorite filling – cottage cheese. I like the light taste of rolls and cheese. It makes for perfect dinner and left-over breakfast. But, these are best served warm.
I also used fresh yeast for these yeast rolls with cottage cheese. But you can use dry too. I left the measurements in the recipe below.
Aside from waiting for the dough to rise, I would say the process for these rolls from scratch with cottage cheese is easy. The waiting is the hard part! 😀
For topping, for these easy rolls with cottage cheese, I like to use plain sesame. But mixed seeds would look nice too.
To go along with these easy dinner rolls with cottage cheese, yogurt is the best choice if you ask me. And jam if you ask my husband! But these go well with cold cuts and salads too.
If you liked this how to make dinner rolls with cheese, and would like to see more baking recipes, leave me a comment and let me know!
Dinner Rolls With Cottage Cheese
400 gr flour
15 gr fresh yeast (15 gr dry)
1 tsp sugar
2/3 tsp salt
100 ml oil
100 ml milk
100 ml yogurt
250 gr cottage cheese
3 tsp sesame seeds
- Warm the milk until finger warm – 37 °C.
- In a small bowl crumble the yeast. Add in sugar and finger warm milk. Mix briefly with a spoon and let sit until bubbles start to form.
- In a big bowl sift 2/3 of the flour. Add in salt and mix briefly. Add in the yeast mixture, yogurt at room temperature, oil and start mixing with a fork or wooden spoon.
- Then continue adding more flour, little at the the time, until the mixture is not as sticky. Continue kneading with your hands if it’s easier. And stop adding flour once you can form a ball.
- Place the dough ball in a bowl, sprinkle over some flour, cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and leave in a warm place until it doubles in size. This take around 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, place the dough then without kneading to much bring it back to a ball.
- Cut the dough into half. Roll out each half into a circle or a rectangle. Then cut into triangle shapes.
- Place a teaspoon amount of the cottage cheese in the middle of the widest part of each triangle. And then roll each triangle into a roll, starting from the end with cheese.
- Place the rolls onto a baking dish lined with baking paper, with some space in between. Cover with a kitchen towel and leave on a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Once the rolls have risen, brush over each with an egg wash. Sprinkle over with sesame seeds.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 200 °C for around 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with some yogurt or jam. And enjoy!
For more baking recipes check the links below!