You know that late night craving to quick and easy, preferably cheesy or greasy pasta?! Well, today I am sharing my two options.
This first one is pasta with tuna fish, tomatoes and black olives. This one is actually pretty healthy. You can make this tuna pasta even healthier if you use whole grain pasta.
For this tuna pasta with tomato I am using roasted and fresh tomatoes. Baked tomatoes are sweet and soft and fresh ones are more juicy and vibrant in taste. This combination is so exciting to taste and look at!
Of course, there is a lot of basil in this tuna pasta with tomato and basil. You can even use parsley if you prefer or don´t have basil on hand.
Since there roasted tomatoes in this tuna pasta with tomato sauce and olives dish, black olives are a perfect match, in my opinion. They are more subtle in taste and because of that go well with the sweet and mellow tasting tomatoes.
Pasta with tuna fish, tomatoes and black olivesCourse: Savory dishes
100 gr thin spaghetti
400 gr cherry tomatoes + 200 gr for serving
1 can tuna fish in small pieces (150 gr)
2 handfuls of black olives
1,5 L water for pasta
2 tbsp olive oil + 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil for serving
1 handful basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Cut 400 gr of tomatoes and olives in to halves. Cut 200 gr of tomatoes into smaller chunks. Chop or tear basil into pieces. Place water in a big pot, season with salt and bring to boil.
- Place tomatoes cut into halves on to a baking dish. Season with salt, drizzle with oil and mix. Place in the oven and bake for around 30 minutes or until soft. For deeper flavor bake for longer. If you want this done quicker, just place tomatoes into a large pan and cook up on the stove, medium-high until soft. This takes just a few minutes.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente. Follow the instructions on the packaging.
- When tomatoes are soft, take them out of the oven and mash with a fork just to release some of the juice.
- Add drained pasta on top of the tomatoes, can of tuna with all the oil, olives, most of the basil and mix to combine.
- Serve topped with some fresh tomatoes, more basil leaves, olives and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Enjoy while warm!
For more easy pasta recipes check out links bellow!