Jump to Recipe
For all the vegetable lovers here is vegetarian lasagna with tomatoes and mushrooms!
I love my spinach and cheese lasagna, but I wanted another version of vegetarian lasagna and here it is! Vegetable lasagna with tomatoes and mushrooms. And some carrots. 😊
This lasagna is one pot kind of lasagna because bechamel and vegetables are prepared in the same pot which is very convenient. This lasagna is easier, quicker, and more affordable compared to traditional meat lasagna. And it looks pretty too!
Tomatoes add freshness and are a great contrast to creamy cheesy bechamel.
You can serve this dish on its own or with some green salad on a side.
Vegeterian lasagna with tomatoes and mushroomsCourse: Vegeterian
8 sheets of lasagna
500 gr mushrooms
2 large carrots
1 yellow onion
2 cloves of garlic
3 tbsp flour
5 dl milk
50 gr Parmesan cheese
150 gr mozzarella
2 bunches of basil
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven at 200 °C.
- Grate Parmesan, carrots. Slice tomatoes into thicker slices. Chop onion and garlic into smaller pieces. Cut mushrooms into quarters.
- Add oil to a pan with high sides. Turn heat to medium. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion softens.
- Add grated carrots and mushrooms. Stir and cook on medium until mushrooms release their juices and most of the juices evaporate.
- Add flour, mix in briefly. Add milk. Turn the heat to medium-high and cook until sauce thickens.
- Turn the heat off. Add Parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Cover bottom of a baking pan with some of the sauce. Layer over lasagna sheets. Cover with half of the sauce, a layer of tomato slices and half of the basil leaves.
- Add another layer of pasta sheets. Cover with the rest of the sauce, mozzarella chunks, tomato slices and basil leaves.
- Bake for around 30-40minutes or until pasta is cooked through and edges are nice and brown. Cool slightly before serving.