This is probably my favorite pasta dish. And that is not an easy decision to make as I love pasta in all its shapes. 🙂 But it is definitely in my top 3 with paccheri in white fish sauce and scialatielli in tomato sauce with mozzarella and basil.
Anyway, if you love pasta and fish then this is the one to try!
Squid ink pasta in tomato sauce and calamariCourse: Savory dishes
250 gr pasta (squid ink pasta, linguine or any long thin pasta)
1,2 kg tomatoes
3 dl stock
1-2 dl white vine
4 garlic cloves
3 tbsp olive oil
1 small chili or 1tsp ground chili
400 gr calamari
2 bunches of basil
1 bunch of parsley
- Finely chop garlic and chili. Cut tomatoes into halves and calamari into slices.
- In a skillet with high sides, on medium heat, heat up the olive oil then add garlic, chili and anchovies. Continue cooking until garlic gets some color and anchovies dissolve. Add basil, parsley and stir.
- Add vine, stock, tomatoes and calamari. Bring the heat up to medium-high so that the sauce starts to boil. Cook under the lock for around 10min then remove the lock. Crush tomatoes to help them along and continue cooking for around 15min. The sauce should reduce and thicken and the calamari will be cooked through. Add salt if needed.
- Cook the pasta according the the instructions on the packaging.
- Add pasta to the sauce and combine. If the sauce is too thick add some pasta water to loosen it up.
- Serve topped with some fresh parsley and a drizzle of olive oil.