I had some stewed apples over from a different recipe and was wandering what could I do with these?! So, I came up with this apple cinnamon French toast. A brilliant and new (for me) recipe I fell in love with instantly!
I used granny smooth apples for this apple cinnamon toast recipe. They hold their shape well even when cooked and have that nice tartness to go with the sweet rest of the toast. But of course, use any apples you prefer for this apple cinnamon French toast.
This apple toast is great and quick to make for sweet breakfast or dessert. And now that apple season is here I am trying to use apples more in my cooking and am always thinking of the nest apple dessert easy.
Maple syrup would me also nice on top of this stewed apple french toast. And even some chopped pecans or walnuts for crunch.
Thanks to this french toast with apples I am getting more ideas on how to make toast. Coming up with new recipes and food combinations is the most exciting part!
If you liked this easy apple dessert recipes with fresh apples and would like to see more similar recipes, leave me a comment and let me know!
Apple Cinnamon French ToastCourse: Breakfast, Desserts
1 larger granny smith apple
1 tsp cinnamon
Splash of water
2 toast slices
1 tsp sugar
Oil for the pan
- In a small ramekin, mix sugar and half of a teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Cut apple into bite size chunks. Place in a small pot. Add water and half of a teaspoon of cinnamon. Bring to simmering point and cook until apple chunks soften up but still hold their shape.
- Cover bottom of a large pan with oil. Heat up to medim-high.
- In a wide bowl, beat egg until lightly. Dip both sides of each toast.
- Place both pieces of toast on the hot pan and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve topped with stewed apple chunks and a sprinkle over with cinnamon sugar.
- Enjoy while warm!
For more autumnal recipes check the links bellow!