Jump to Recipe
I love to bake with fruit! And for this autumn I like to use pears. This cake is beautiful and elegant and a great alternative to apple and cinnamon desserts!
Pear cakeCourse: Desserts
113 gr butter at room temperature
128 gr sugar
1 tsp vanilla
170 gr flour
Pinch of salt
170 gr creme fraiche
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
50 gr granulated sugar
2 handfuls flaked almonds
- Grease bottom and sides of an 25cm pan and lite bottom with baking paper.
- Wash and peel the pear, cut in half lengthwise, remove the core then cut into slices. Drizzle over with lemon juice. Cover bottom of the pan with pear slices.
- In a bowl, using electric mixer, mix butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, around 5min. Add eggs one at a time and mix well in between. Add vanilla.
- In a bowl mix flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add 1/3 of the flour, mix just until combined, then add 1/3 of the creme freche and mix just until combined. Repeat 2 more times.
- Spread the batter evenly over the pears, place flaked almonds on top of the batter, in the center area then sprinkle with sugar over and around the almonds.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180° C for around 30-40min. Let the cake cook slightly then cut into slices and serve with creme freche.