In celebration of pumpkin season, I am posting three recipes using this versatile vegetable. And this vegan pumpkin miso soup if the first!
Miso in this pumpkin ginger miso soup is optional. But if you have it, add just a small amount. It will add very discreet umami flavor and more interest to the soup! For this recipe, I used white miso paste.
This easy pumpkin soup vegan is, as the name says, very easy to make. Except for waiting for the pumpkin to bake, very little labor is required.
I used butternut squash for this vegan pumpkin soup with ginger, but any pumpkin/squash you prefer will do. You can even use canned pumpkin puree.
There is very little oil in this vegan pumpkin soup recipe healthy. If you want it even healthier or with less calories, just use water instead.
You can get creative with toppings for this vegetarian pumpkin soup fresh pumpkin. This time I used simple coconut yogurt and chopped parsley but roasted pumpkin seeds, chili flakes or chili oil will work well too!
Another must for me, is serving this vegan pumpkin soup with miso paste with freshly baked bread. It is such a good combination!
For more food inspo, check out my Instagram where I post daily and my Pinterest account!
Vegan Pumpkin Miso SoupCourse: Appetizers, Savory dishes, Vegan, Vegeterian
700 gr pumpkin
1 brown onion
1 tsp ginger grated or paste
2 garlic cloves
1 – 1,5 l vegetable stock
1 tbsp miso paste
1 tbsp oil
- For serving
Handful chopped parsley
Freshly baked bread
- Wash, peel and cut pumpkin into bite size chunks. Place on a baking sheet. Season with salt.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 °C for around 30 minutes or until tender.
- Chop onion and garlic.
- In a large pan with high sides, heat up oil to medium-high. Add chopped onion and cook until soft. Add chopped garlic and ginger. Cook until they become fragrant.
- Add stock and miso. Stir until miso dissolves. Add pumpkin chunks, bring to boil.
- Remove pan from the heat. Blend the soup, using a hand blender, until as smooth as you can get it.
- Bring the soup back to the heat, bring to boil. Adjust the seasoning if needed and sprinkle in lime juice. Remove from the heat.
- Serve topped with some plant yogurt, chopped parsley and freshly baked bread.
For more soup recipe check links bellow!
Lentil Soup With Curry Kale And Lemon
Easy Vegetable Soup With Cauliflower