Jump to Recipe
This is one of the few Swedish dishes that I like to make. Original recipe calls for heavy creme but I like to use creme freche, just because it gives a lighter taste. I also added fennel to the original recipe, it gives a crunchy texture and the flavor works well with the rest of the ingredients.
This soup is done in minutes but it looks like you have spent more time on it. It looks beautiful on a plate topped with some dill and a slice of lemon on a side!
Salmon and vegetable soupCourse: Savory dishes
400 gr salmon fillet
9 medium size potatoes
1 medium size fennel
1 yellow onion
1,2 l water
2,5 creme fraiche
2 fish or vegetable stock cubes
A bunch of dill
- Wash and peel potatoes and carrots. Cut into bite size pieces.
- Wash and peel onion then cut into thicker slices. Wash the fennel then cut into slices. Remove the hard middle parts.
- Remove the skin from the salmon then cut into bite size pieces.
- Finely chop most of the dill. Save some for serving. Slice lemon into wedges.
- In a big pot add water, stock cubes, potatoes and carrots. Cook until they start to soften up, then add onion and fennel slices. Cook until fennel starts to soften up then add salmon.
- Season to taste.
- When the salmon is cooked through, which takes a couple of minutes, add creme freche, bring to boil and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add dill and serve warm with lemon slices.