I have been using raspberries a lot recently in my recipes. I think that their tartiness works perfect with sweet desserts. And they look beautiful too! So today, I am sharing easy and quick recipe for raspberry bars with jam.
These buttery, flaky raspberry crumble bars with jam are the easier option in comparison to using fresh/frozen fruit. And if you like you can layer some fresh raspberries on top of the jam too.
I actually used raspberry and pomegranate jam for these raspberry bars made with jam. That is because the kind that I bought is more solid in consistency. If you are using a kind of jam that is looser you might need to use less amount of the jam.
Visually I like the top of these to be a little messy and not to cover all of the jam. So these really are raspberry crumble bars recipe.
You can serve them with uneven edges or you can cut the ends of for neater presentation.
There is a lot of butter in this recipe which is why these buttery raspberry crumble bars recipe are so irresistible! Just try to control yourself and not eat all of them. I like to set aside half of everything I bake and then give to friends and family.
You can use oats for this raspberry oatmeal bars recipe. I just always have rye on hand, because I prefer the taste of it.
To serve, these oatmeal bars with raspberry jam go well with some vanilla ice cream, fresh raspberries and powdered sugar. But are just as delicious on their own!
If you make these raspberry bars with jam leave me a comment and let me know how you liked them. If you post a picture on Instagram, tag me. I would love to see your work! And for more food inspo check out my Pinterest account!
Raspberry bars with jam
135 gr oats (I use rye)
225 gr flour
150 brown sugar
1,5 tsp baking powder
140 gr melted butter
¼ tsp salt
300 gr raspberry jam (I used raspberry and pomegranate)
- Mix oats, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together. Place 2/3 of the mixture on to a baking tray lined with baking paper (21x29cm). Press down.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180 °C for 10 minutes.
- Take the base out of the oven. Spread jam evenly on top. Sprinkle over with the rest od the dough mixture.
- Bake for another 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool before cutting into bars. Or you can serve it warm and a little messy as they wont hold together as well.
- Serve as is or with some fresh raspberries, ice cream and a dusting of powdered sugar on top.
For more desserts with fruit check out links bellow!